Posted on : 19-07-2011 | By : admin | In : Articles
Tips to Book a Speaker
There are many factors to consider when booking a speaker, therefore choosing the best keynote speaker for your event may be a tough decision. In order to help you with your decision, here are some tips to book a speaker for your next conference, meeting or event.
Tip #1: Find out what your audience wants or needs.
Before you start searching for a speaker or trainer, you need to ask yourself what you want the person to do. Here are some questions to ask yourself in order to help you to identify the type of speaker or trainer you need.
- What is the purpose of the meeting or event?
- What do I want the speaker or trainer to accomplish?
- What will the attendees be expecting?
Tip #2: Learn what are the different types of speakers and trainers.
- Celebrity – A famous person who is often in the media
- Industry expert – A person who is knowledgeable about a particular topic but is not a professional speaker
- Politicians – Someone who is or has been in political office
- Professional speaker – One who gives presentations professionally and full-time
- Professional trainer – A person who trains people or groups of people professionally
Tips #3: What you should know before booking your speaker or trainer.
- What is the exact date of the presentation?
- What is the exact time of the presentation?
- What purpose will the speaker serve?
- Are you looking for specific topics or subjects? If so what are they?
- What speaking style are you looking for? Ex. humorous, entertaining, high energy level, strong content, participatory exercises, etc.
- What is your budget to book a speaker?
- Do you want to book a speaker for multiple presentations or one time only?
- What are the audience demographics?
Tip #4: Support Material.
- Would you like the speaker to offer supporting material such as workbooks or handouts?
- Are you interested in obtaining follow-up support material such as books, audio tapes, etc.?
- Would you like the presentation to be taped?
Tip #5: What you should expect from your speaker.
- A biography (bio sheet)
- An introduction (how they would like to be introduced)
- Promotion video
- Professional photo
- Diagram of the ideal room setup for the speaker
- Audio-visual requirements
- Handout copy masters for duplication
By asking yourself these questions, you will then be able to book a speaker with ease.
For more information on how to book a speaker, or to book Joe Roberts the Skid Row CEO, contact him today at 604-941-7708